The buyer/planner manages an expenditure in excess of over a million per year for materials and/or services to support the company's purchasing programs. The buyer/planner is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the company's needs for direct materials and services, fixed assets and tooling, and select production materials and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality and at delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for the timely planning and scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned.
• Plan and execute procurement of finished goods and raw materials from contract manufacturers and suppliers
• Maintain strong working relationships and communications directly with the Supply Center, contract manufacturers and suppliers
to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries
• Proactively report product and material availability issues
• Maintain, monitor Master Data; revise essential system planning data to ensure system is effectively planning future requirements
• Inventory Management: DOS reporting, inventory parameters, reduction and reserve percentage measurements, revaluation, Product Life Cycle management; measure related KPI’s
• Maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking information in MRP/ERP system
• Proactively provide supply status and shipment tracking to Sales team and accounts.
• Coordinate with contract manufacturers and suppliers the required shipping and commercial documents
• Participate and contribute to monthly S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process
• Coordinate inventory planning and replenishment of raw materials, components, and finished goods
• Complete special projects and assignments as requested
• Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
• 2-3 years Supply Chain Planning experience
• Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, emphasis on Excel.
• MRP system experience highly desired
• Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
• Flexible work schedule
• APICS CPIM/CSCP certification or certification in progress preferable
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Business Administration Degree or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management